There are a host of options available to you today to help you fight the signs of aging, including plastic surgery and non-invasive cosmetic treatments. But whether or not you choose to visit a plastic surgeon’s office, there are plenty of steps you can take on your own to look younger for longer. Many of these beauty secrets won’t cost much more than your time.
5 Anti-Aging Beauty Tricks You Can Use Today
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration causes fatigue and can sap the healthy glow from your skin. Aim for eight glasses per day to stay looking and feeling your best.
- Avoid tanning and burning. Sun exposure is one of the most common causes of skin damage. UV rays contribute to wrinkles, skin discoloration, dry skin, and skin cancer. Slather on the sunscreen and put on a hat to protect your face if you’re going to be outdoors for a long period of time. If you absolutely must show off some color, use a self tanning lotion or bronzer.
- Don’t smoke. If you do smoke, stop. If you don’t smoke, don’t start and avoid exposure to secondhand smoke whenever possible.
- Put a humidifier in your bedroom. Dry air can rob your skin of the moisture that is crucial to maintaining a youthful appearance. Using a humidifier in your bedroom each night is a simple and inexpensive way to help put back the hydration your skin may lose during the day. You should also use a moisturizing lotion every morning and night.
- Get questionable spots checked out by a doctor. How familiar are you with your skin? Would you notice if you developed a new mole or a freckle changed shape or color? Monthly skin checks can help you catch problems quickly. If you think you notice a change in your skin, make an appointment to have your doctor take a look. Remember that healthy skin is younger looking skin!